"You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important"









    You know that feeling you get when you have a day off and you feel obligated to do something fulfilling with your day? Where you feel lazy if you take a day for just laying on the couch and binging a Netflix show? I would normally only do such a thing on a day where I’m genuinely sick (such as right now, I know I’m a little late to the party but I’m binging Shameless. Have you seen it? It’s SO good!)

     If you know what feeling I’m talking about it’s called self guilt. I haven’t seen a ton of posts on this subject so I thought I’d share a little insight into how I deal with this symptom of GAD and depression. 

One thing I like to do when I'm feeling this way is think of the times that week where I did something nice for someone else, even if it's just holding the door or smiling at someone, and what I've accomplished. Everyone's demons are different so no win is too small!

  I also try to keep thinking to myself, "I am no better or worse than anyone else, if they deserve it then why don't I?" It can be very difficult, I know, to remember that you are useful, you are worthy and you are good. The longer you think it, the more you'll believe it. Chin up kid!

Love,

Chelsea Alyssa


Comments

Popular Posts